Thursday, August 19, 2010

Slayer, Megadeth and Testament

Metal's annual premier event (in my mind) came to Tower City Amphitheater last night. The tour was to commemorate the 20th anniversaries of Megadeth’s fourth album, Rust in Peace, and Slayer’s Seasons in the Abyss. The strange thing was there were fewer people than I anticipated. I mean, it's SLAYER! Dave Lombardo ripping the shit out of his drum set. Ludicrous and dangerous riffs bouncing back and forth from Jeff to Kerry. Stupid, drunken assholes plowing their way through non-moshers. Ahh, metal shows (nostalgic stare off into abyss). But I do not dare forget about Megadeth! (we missed Testament:( Call me biased but Dave Mustaine can still crank out the most ridiculous guitar solos the world has ever experienced. I happen to prefer Lombardo's drumming over Shawn Drover's, but Mustaine easily takes the cake against Jeff and Kerry. Here is Take No Prisoners by Megadeth. Here is Angel of Death by Slayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment