Saturday, October 23, 2010

Ethics in Pizza Ordering?

Here I am getting lesson plans ready for my Algebra II class on z-values, confidence intervals and the central limit theorem, getting ready to order some pizza for dinner, when I go to the store's website and find this message:

Any Delivery Charge is not a tip paid to your driver. Please reward your driver for awesomeness. Our drivers carry less than $20.

Well...then...why charge a delivery charge? It doesn't cost the store any money to deliver, just the driver paying for his fuel. I believe the charge is $2 or $3, which is what I would tip a pizza guy anyways. Ever since pizza delivery has begun charging for delivery, I have stopped tipping the driver, because I thought they instituted this charge to make up for cheap asses not tipping. Now I get this message when ordering pizza online? Sorry, but if they are going to charge me what I would have normally given to the driver, why would I give them anymore?

No comments:

Post a Comment